Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Strikers Developmental Program (SDP)
The Strikers Developmental Program provides a successful pathway into competitive club soccer and beyond.
This is a Fall and Spring (Full year) program for players with future goals to participate in competitive club soccer.
Space is limited!
• Development of individual technical skills and understanding of the game
• Weekly Training with Sandpoint Strikers Director of Coaching as well as Striker staff
Building a player base for the future
• One of the major goals of the SDP is to obtain future numbers to help transition into our competitive club, high school, and collegiate programs. “Play early, Play forever.”
• Uniform kit consisting of one pair of Black Under Armour shorts and socks as well as two dry-fit t-shirts with sponsors on front and numbers on back (one Black/one Red).
• Two days a week training (as a pool) with Sandpoint Director of Coaching (Rick Mullins) and Striker Staff
• Local Inter squad Friday Night Games (NEW for Fall 2018). Games will be facilitated by the Director of Coaching and additional staff coaches. All games will be played at Farmin Elementary (7v7 or as needed) with Two 25-minute halves.
• Tournament Team Selection (New for 2018/19)
Depending on registration birth year numbers, one tournament team will be selected from the 2010 and one from the 2011 age groups to participate in one fall (Pend Oreille Cup- Sandpoint, ID September 7th-9th and one spring (Hotshot-Coeur d Alene May 10-12th, 2019). Players will be selected by the Doc and Striker Staff. These fees are covered by the club. Coach Education
• Coach Education: The SDP program is a great environment to develop new coaches. Coaches are highly encouraged to be a part of the program. Just as players need to develop, so do coaches. We need coaches for these players as they get older and want to continue to play. Coaches will also be needed to assist on game day.
• Small Sided Games provide repeated game situations on both sides of the ball thus impacting the players in all four components of the game. Those demands of both the match and training sessions help young players improve for today and tomorrow. Furthermore, the small-sided game format has a positive influence on mental concentration and accordingly tactical transition. Physical fitness also improves as the game is always near the players, which demands direct player involvement frequently. Not only is fitness impacted by this fact, so is tactical mobility. Technique improves through repetition in the reality of game demands.
***Removal of players from the SDP
• The DOC will have the right to remove any participant for consistent behavior issues, safety or if he feels that the player is not at the technical standard of the group.
SDP is a Fall-Spring Year Long Program:
• FALL Training begin August 20th ends October 24th (10 weeks)
• SPRING Trainings begin April 15th (weather pending) ends May 22nd (6 weeks)
• Players are expected to attend all training
• Traver Park or Centennial Fields (backside of Travers Park). Please park in the Assembly of God parking lot (423 N. Lincoln Ave). The Doc will be training additional Strikers teams before your training.
Days of Week and Training Times
• All Trainings are Monday and Wednesdays from 5:00-6:30pm
What to bring to training:
• It is the responsibility of All players to bring shin guards, soccer ball (size 4) and appropriate soccer clothing to all sessions.
Games ALL INTER SQUAD GAMES ARE ON FRIDAY EVENINGS
• Fall - Beginning August 24, 2018 ends October 26, 2018
• Spring (weather pending) Beginning April 19, 2019 ends May 22nd *LAST Game will have to be Wednesday, May 22, 2019 due to memorial weekend
• There will be no set team rosters. Players are part of a player pool. All games will be played inter-squad with other players of the SDP. Teams may vary week to week. Tournament teams will be formed by the DOC
• All players must also adhere to the New Striker Uniform Policy for all games
• Each player will be issued a Black and a Red Dri-Fit Top w/number, Black shorts and white socks. Please bring both uniforms to EVERY game in case there is a color conflict
Space is limited in this program, so register online today.
Questions? Email Diane at email@example.com.