Strikers Developmental Program (SDP)
The Strikers Developmental Program provides a successful pathway into competitive soccer and beyond.
SDP registration is open to ALL U8 and U9 boys and girls. Space is limited!
- Put a focus back on the development of the individual player “player first” not team first.
- “Development is a marathon not a sprint.” In the SDP, Players are in an atmosphere that allows them to develop at “their” own pace.
- Maximize playing time and touches on the ball
- We want kids to have the opportunity to play as long as they choose. One of the major goals of the SDP is to obtain future numbers to help transition into our competitive and high school programs.
- Cost: $145 per season includes uniform kit, local tournament, weekly training with Sandpoint Director of Coaching, and Saturday games.
- **Additional tournament fee due to all those that are selected to attend the Coeur d Alene, ID Hotshot tournament. The tournament fee will be divided by the number of participants. Due to tournament registration deadlines, this fee is Due April 1, 2018.
This price point is between recreational and competitive soccer allowing families to transition gradually into competitive soccer. Registration includes a uniform kit consisting of one pair of Black Under Armour shorts and socks and two dry-fit t-shirts (one Red/one White).
- No out of town travel for league play. There may be opportunities for exchanges/games/jamborees with clubs within the area
- If there is enough U9 (2009 birth year) players to form team/teams, these team/teams will participate in Coeur d Alene Hotshot tournament (May 11-13, 2018).
**2010 players may be invited if they are technically ready.
- If there is not enough 2009 birth year players to form a pure 2009 team, a combined 2009/2010 team/teams may be formed with U8 2010 players. The Director of Coaching will invite players that he feels are ready to participate at a tournament level.
- In situations where numbers dictate no 2009 players are signed up in the program, it will be the DOC’s decision whether or not it is in the best interest of the club to form teams to participate in any tournament.
Spring 2018 Tournament
- Hotshot Tournament, May 11th thru May 13th in Coeur d Alene, ID.
(Fee required-Payment due April 1st)
Local Training and Games
- Players train outside as a pool twice a week (most likely at Centennial fields) beginning April 16, 2018 and play in town games at Farmin Elementary Fields on Saturdays (8:00 am start) amongst themselves (Inter-squad).
- Seasonal Games begin April 21st and ends May 23rd. (Last week of games on a Wednesday evening May 23rd). No games will be played May 11-13th due to the CDA Hotshot tournament.
- Games will be facilitated by the Director of Coaching and additional staff coaches
- There may be possible opportunities for in town friendlies with outside clubs or within the striker club.
Weekly Training with Strikers Director of Coaching
- The pool of players will work twice a week directly with the Sandpoint Strikers Director of Coaching, Rick Mullins. Rick has many years of experience and multiple licenses including a USSF National “A” license, National Youth License, and NSCAA Advanced National License. He is also an inductee into the Community Colleges of Spokane Hall of Fame. Most of all, Rick’s goal is to help kids succeed on and off the field.
- It would be beneficial to obtain at least 20-40 players per age group pool. In instances where the pool has lower numbers, there may be times when U8 and U9 age groups are combined. As the pool grows in size, it is best to work to put like players with like players to ensure proper development. Players will be moved amongst the pool week to week if needed...
- The SDP is a great environment to develop new coaches. Coaches are highly encouraged to be a part of the program. Just as players need to develop, so do coaches. We need coaches for these players as they get older and want to continue to play. Coaches will also be needed to assist on game day.
- Small-sided games provide repeated game situations on both sides of the ball thus impacting the players in all four components of the game. Those demands of both the match and training sessions help young players improve for today and tomorrow. Further more, the small-sided game format has a positive influence on mental concentration and accordingly tactical transition. Physical fitness also improves as the game is always near the players, which demands direct player involvement frequently. Not only is fitness impacted by this fact, so is tactical mobility. Technique improves through repetition in the reality of game demands.
- All Games will be 7 vs. 7 or as needed.
- In House game substitutions are on the fly, which means no stoppages and thus more playing time.
- Matches will consist of two 25 minute halves with a 5 minute halftime.
Removal of players from the SDP
- The DOC will have the right to remove any participant for consistent behavior issues, safety or if he feels that the player is not at the technical standard of the group.
Spring 2018 SDP Important Information
- Start of program: Depends on weather and field conditions
- Outdoor Spring Training begins Monday April 16, 2018 (Weather pending). May have to train indoors in the Striker Arena.
- Spring Training ends Monday May 21, 2018
- Either Travers Park Fields or Centennial Fields (backside of Travers Park). Please park in the Assembly of God parking lot (423 N. Lincoln Ave). The Doc will be training other Strikers teams before your training.
Days of Week and Training Times
- All Trainings are Monday and Wednesdays from 5:00-6:30pm.
- Training begins at 5:00pm and ends at 6:30pm.
What to bring to training:
- It is the responsibility of All players to bring shin guards, soccer ball (size 4) and appropriate soccer clothing to all sessions.
- Saturdays beginning April 21th (weather pending) and end on May 23rd.
- Last Games will be on a Wednesday evening. (May 23rd).
- There will be no set team rosters. Players are part of a player pool. All games will be played inter-squad with other players of the SDP. Teams may vary week to week. Tournament teams will be formed by the DOC.
- All players must also adhere to the Striker Uniform Policy for all games.
- Each player will be issued a Red and a White Dri-Fit Top w/number, black shorts and white socks. Please bring both uniforms to EVERY game in case there is a color conflict.
Spring 2018 Tournament
- Hotshot Tournament, May 11th thru 13th 2018 in Coeur d Alene, ID. (Fees divided by numbers attending) *fee required-Payment due April 1st).
Questions, please email Rick Mullins at firstname.lastname@example.org